Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What to do


Here I sit with my cup of green & white tea, and a Vita-Muffin top (corn) while dealing with aching hips and wondering why I am so not athletically inclined. Apparently, while playing softball (which I never do) with friends on Saturday, I strained or tore or otherwise injured some tendons or muscles that I never use. I never thought I'd actually hit the ball, so didn't think twice about have to sprint from base to base. I hit the ball, twice. Well, actually 3 times, but by the third time up at bat I knew I couldn't run the bases, so had a designated runner (is there such a thing?). My hips and upper thighs are very sore and painful...which had begun to fade away but yesterday I found it necessary to gently jog into Target as I was in a hurry, but that was the wrong thing to do. By the time I finished my business in there and headed toward my car, I knew I was back in pain city. Barely able to lift my legs getting into the car, and have continued to have pain when moving certain ways...as well as an overall ache in the hip area...makes me wonder why. I walk regularly on the treadmill, including uphill with little jogs and walking backwards, and I do yoga several times a week, yet I seem to not be in any better shape than I was in my pre-exercise state. Sigh. Perhaps it is age. Still. It makes me feel like an invalid who can't move at all without having consequences.

No wonder people give up on being physically fit. I come from a long line of wet noodles...I'd like to change that trend but it isn't looking promising.

No comments: