Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday


Enjoyed church this morning, and ABF (Adult Bible Fellowship) which we are Directors of and which is basically an adult Sunday school class. Been doing it for over 2 years now, and have to say I really am liking it. Definitely has its ups and downs...but our leadership team is fantastic and the whole experience is fulfilling, hopefully for those who attend it as much as for us.

My youngest son has recently been accepted to Eller School of Management at the University of Arizona. So proud of him and happy...took a while for him to get there, but now he has two years left of college and should be set to seek a satisfying and lucrative career post-graduation. He'll be WINNING!!! (sorry, couldn't resist)

My daughter seems to be MIA...no response to my text or my post on Facebook. Sometimes I wonder why she doesn't respond to me...am I an overbearing mother? Do I interfere (or seem to) too much? I really try not to, but how do I know if I'm being concerned or crossing over the line to being intrusive? Sigh. This mothering thing doesn't get any easier...so all you young moms who think once the kids get older and self-sufficient it will be a smooth ride, HA! Don't kid yourself. Mothers worry M-O-R-E when their kids are adults and we can't see the choices they are making...and they tell us what they want us to know or what they think we want to hear, and nothing more. Which is the way of things. I did the same with my mother, who by the way is now 94 years old. If she knew of just a small portion of what I did as a young adult (and older) she would likely be appropriately shocked. So, I don't tell her, but then again at this point she likely wouldn't remember it anyway!

Time to think about dinner...and spending time with the hubster. Who, by the way, is the best husband in the world (see above).






No comments: