Friday, March 11, 2011

Well, Hello Again

It is now 2011...almost 2 years have passed since my last post. I have been re-inspired by one of my nieces to get back to my blog. I figure if she can blog while being a full-time mommy of 2 toddlers, I should be able to take another stab at it. I am, for all intents and purposes, retired, which means I don't have to chase children around all day, wiping noses, changing diapers, dealing with temper tantrums while attempting to challenge and amuse them, like my now-blogging niece does.

Reading my previous posts has been entertaining. Now I have to decide (or rather gather the courage) to make it known that I have a blog. Sometimes it is hard to reveal who I really am to those who may not know me very well...even (or rather, especially) family members. I hate to think I may be disliked or rejected because of my revelations of my deep thoughts and feelings...or mostly opinions. Opinions are all around us every day, in many ways. Sometimes jabbing at us...sometimes floating around...many times "in your face", and it can be hard to consider and/or accept someone's opinion when it differs so much from what we hold dear as our opinion. Emotions can run high when opinions show themselves...and I am so not confrontational that in many cases I would just as soon keep my opinion to myself in order to "keep the peace". That being said, as I have aged and learned who I am, I am finding I'm a little more daring when it comes to sharing my opinion...hence this blog. And it won't be all opinion, oh that would be awful. I will aim toward more reflecting and what I am experiencing in this life of mine.

I invite you to read on...this is me...well, not all of me, but a fairly good representation. I'll try not to be too serious about myself or my opinions...but I will also allow this to be the place where I can be free to just let it all hang out. And, comment if you want to...I would love to know what you think.

Now, let's see if I can write more in a day or two...


No comments: