Thursday, August 31, 2006

Two in One Day!

Ha! I need to post again...I know, I've already written today, but I also skipped several days so here goes....

I am outnumbered in my own home. I live with three males. Need I say more? Most of the time I'm ok with this. Some days I'm not ok with it...and I feel lost and lonely and confused. Today is one of those days. I feel "ganged up" on...picked on...and basically not taken seriously...and this is just from the two male sons that live here. My husband does not usually make me feel these ways...he is a fabulous and wonderful friend and mate, however, there are times when I need some female companionship or a gal friend just to hang on to.

Men and women are so very different...in so many different ways. Don't let anyone tell you that is not true. It couldn't be more true. I know. I am experienced in these things and living with three males makes it all the more real to me.

Some days when I feel this oppressive "maleness" overcome me...I retreat to my bedroom for a while, or I venture out into the world to find some sort of peace and quiet, or in the very least find something that will distract me for a while and take my mind off how I feel (which is like escaping).

I will get through it...the two sons only have to get through college and then it will be me and my hubby. One on one. I do believe I can handle that just fine!!

No comments: