Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another day, another milepost

Week 3 Day 1 of the Couch to 5K training program was today. That means upping the jogging times per interval. Funny thing is, the whole workout only amounted to 25 minutes, as opposed to 30 minutes...so, I decided to throw in an extra 3 minute jog at the end before cooling down. I was feeling good, and had my stride...so I went for it. So glad I did! Although right now I'm feeling veerrryyy tired and my legs are aching a bit. I've hit the 3:00 p.m. slump in grand style...been cleaning all day, and doing this and that, and now I just want to lay down and rest. But, I only have a couple more things on my "to do" list...so unless I put them off until tomorrow morning, I guess I better get motivated.

I am very glad to be doing the jogging/walking program...am looking forward to being able to do longer jogs! Hoping to do a "virtual" 5K in July, which I will do on the treadmill, depending on how well I'm doing on the program. Eventually, I want to do a 5K in the fall. Heck, I've never even wanted to run so just doing what I'm doing now is a huge step for me, especially since I WANT to do it!!

It's hotter than hell here in Arizona today. 105 but in my backyard the digital thermometer reads 107. Walking out there from inside the nice, cool house is like walking into an oven that is ready for a pizza!

No comments: